Toyota Land Cruiser VDJ78 Troop Carrier Manta Pro Performance Turbo Back Exhaust Systems
• Vehicle Fitment: VDJ78 V8 4.5L TD Troop Carrier, 2007 - September 2016
• Without catalytic convertor
• Material: Aluminised Steel
• Exhaust Size: 3" ( 76mm )
• Muffler Type: Hotdog Centre
• Exit Type: Standard
• Sound: Medium
• Manta Pro Australia Part Number: MKTY0020
• Mudstuck Part Number: 4WD MNP0021
• Various options/variations available for this vehicle, enquire for further details. (Full Stainless Steel option available also)
The 1VD V8 4.5L common rail turbo diesel engine in the current 70 Series Landcruiser has forged itself a reputation as a tough off-roader, with truck-like power and a fantastic amount of torque right from the word go. Off the factory floor, the Landcruiser is shackled by the very restrictive standard Toyota exhaust, pushing modest power figures of 151kw, and 430nm (the same as the HDJ100 Landcruiser engine).
With the standard exhaust going as small as 1 & 7/8″, and running through a baffled muffler, the sound of the V8 motor is nowhere to be heard. The fitment of a Manta 3″ exhaust system changes all that! Running full 3″ piping, right from the turbo face to the tail, it’s available in a number of configurations, so you can have an exhaust note close to the factory level, go all out with a wild, unmuffled V8 bark, or find a happy medium somewhere in between.
Replacing the standard exhaust with a 3″ version has a number of benefits, including reduced turbo lag, improved peak power and torque, greater responsiveness, and reduced fuel consumption. On average, we see a 15% gain in power, and around 1 – 2L per 100km reduction in fuel consumption.